ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' basketball teams will play at Mabee Complex for the first time this season when they host the University of the Ozarks in the American Southwest Conference and home opener at the Mabee Complex on Thursday night.
The Cowgirls come into the game with a record of 2-2 and are coming off of a pair of last-second wins at the Trinity Tournament last weekend. The women's game will tip at 5:30.
Senior Alexis Popelar is leading the way for the Cowgirls averaging a league-best 22.3 points per game. She had a career-high 37 points in the win over Trinity and was named the ASC West player of the week and to the D3hoops.com national team of the week for her play last weekend.
Senior Coco Cartwright is averaging eight points per game and freshman Shelby Hanna averages 6.3 points and 5.8 rebounds per contest.
Ozarks comes into the game with a record of 2-3 and senior guard Jordyn Ferrell leads the way with 13.8 points and 6.6 rebounds per game.
The men's game will begin at 7:30 and the Cowboys come into the contest with a 1-1 record. HSU has been off since an overtime loss to Willamette on Nov. 17.
Eric Taylor leads the way for the Cowboys with 19 points per game. Titus Mims is averaging 15 points per outing and Darius Singletary averages 13 points, 9.5 rebounds and 5.5 assists per game.
Ozarks comes into the game with a record of 1-4 and are 0-1 in ASC action. Marcus Bobb leads the team with 16 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
Information for this story provided by ACU Sports Information.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated