SAN ANTONIO - The HSU cross country teams returned to action after an off week last week, competing in the Incarnate Word Invitational in San Antonio on Saturday morning.
IWU claimed both the men's and women's team titles.
Leading the Cowboys to an eighth-place team finish was freshman Chad Caton. Caton, who has yet to place outside of the top ten finishers at any race this season, completed the 8,000-meter race in a time of 27:19.1, placing eighth overall.
Behind Caton were fellow freshmen Paul Demings and Clay Smith, finishing in 29:03.9 and 29:46.2, respectively.
Rounding out the men's team were Tyson Denton (32:03.5) and Chace Copp (32:06.4).
Junior Julia Holub was a top-25 finisher in the women's 6,000-meter race, coming in at 24:47.9.
Sophomore Jessica Thorman finished in 27:14.9, followed by senior Maloree Kendall (27:27.6).
The men's and women's teams will travel to Austin, Texas next weekend to compete in the Concordia 5k.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Updated Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Updated Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Updated Abilene allergist gives tips for dealing with fall allergies
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend