ARLINGTON, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' cross country teams had a solid effort in the UT-Arlington Season Opener meet on Saturday in Arlington.
Neither team had a full squad, but the individual efforts were solid.
Freshman Ashley Sutton ran a 21:47 and placed 21st overall. Mykala Williams ran a 23:38 and placed 34th. Dannelle Kortkamp ran a 24:05 and Kelya Jureczki ran a 24:55.
On the men's side Clay Smith finished third in the college division with a time of 22:24, Thomas Fielding had a seventh place finish with a 22:38 and Garrett Alexander ran a 25:02.
HSU will next be in action in two weeks when it hosts the HSU Invitational.
Men's Results -- http://www.mychiptime.com/searchevent.php?id=7790
Women's Full Results -- http://www.mychiptime.com/searchevent.php?id=7788
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field