ABILENE, Texas - The American Southwest conference named Hardin-Simmons sophomore guard Joanna Daniel the west division offensive player of the week for games of Jan. 14-19.
Daniel (Martin's Mill, Texas /MMHS) averaged 14 points, five assists and 3.5 rebounds with just two turnovers to lead a pair of conference wins – including a 69-62 game that snapped Howard Payne's eight-game winning streak.
Daniel had a career-high 17 points in the victory. She shot a combined 61.5 percent from the floor, hit all but one free-throw attempt and knocked down 6 of 10 from beyond the 3-point line. Daniel also added a blocked shot.
Information provided by American Southwest conference.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family