Hardin-Simmons' cross country team received a pair of solid runs from its two individuals in the NCAA Division III South/Southeast Regional at Nash Farm Battlefield in Atlanta.
Freshman Chad Caton placed 18th overall in the 8K race with a time of 26:44. It was the highest finish ever for a Hardin-Simmons men's cross country runner in the regional meet.
Lynchburg and Trinity earned the top two team places to earn a nod to the NCAA Championship. John Kieffer of Center won the individual race with a time of 25:17.
Junior Julia Holub had a 50th place finish with a time of 24:33
Trinity and Emory finished as the top two teams to qualify for nationals. Sophia Stone of Mary Baldwin won the race with a time of 22:03.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Girl, 17, missing after police find three bodies at her home in California
- Updated Poll: Clinton, Trump virtually tied headed into debate
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Approaching cold front to bring below average temperatures
- Abilene Zoo celebrates Golden Zoobilation
- Officials: Texas man kills father during disturbance