CLARKSVILLE, Arkansas - Hardin-Simmons' men's soccer team opened American Southwest Conference play with a 0-0 double overtime tie at the University of the Ozarks on Thursday afternoon in Clarksville.
The defensive battle ended after 110 minutes of scoreless action. HSU freshman goalkeeper Michael Vargas earned the shutout in goal with three saves. Austin Benner had a shutout for Ozarks with four saves.
HSU had nine shots in the game and four were on target. Ozarks had seven shots with three on frame.
HSU played the game without four injured starters.
The Cowboys are now 2-3-2 on the year and 0-0-1 and will travel to nationally-ranked Texas-Dallas on Saturday for a 4 p.m. game in Richardson. Ozarks is now 5-2-2 on the year.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS