CLARKSVILLE, Arkansas - Hardin-Simmons' men's soccer team opened American Southwest Conference play with a 0-0 double overtime tie at the University of the Ozarks on Thursday afternoon in Clarksville.
The defensive battle ended after 110 minutes of scoreless action. HSU freshman goalkeeper Michael Vargas earned the shutout in goal with three saves. Austin Benner had a shutout for Ozarks with four saves.
HSU had nine shots in the game and four were on target. Ozarks had seven shots with three on frame.
HSU played the game without four injured starters.
The Cowboys are now 2-3-2 on the year and 0-0-1 and will travel to nationally-ranked Texas-Dallas on Saturday for a 4 p.m. game in Richardson. Ozarks is now 5-2-2 on the year.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth