CLARKSVILLE, Arkansas - Hardin-Simmons' men's soccer team opened American Southwest Conference play with a 0-0 double overtime tie at the University of the Ozarks on Thursday afternoon in Clarksville.
The defensive battle ended after 110 minutes of scoreless action. HSU freshman goalkeeper Michael Vargas earned the shutout in goal with three saves. Austin Benner had a shutout for Ozarks with four saves.
HSU had nine shots in the game and four were on target. Ozarks had seven shots with three on frame.
HSU played the game without four injured starters.
The Cowboys are now 2-3-2 on the year and 0-0-1 and will travel to nationally-ranked Texas-Dallas on Saturday for a 4 p.m. game in Richardson. Ozarks is now 5-2-2 on the year.
Information for this story provided by HSU Athletics.
- Girl, 17, missing after police find three bodies at her home in California
- Updated Poll: Clinton, Trump virtually tied headed into debate
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Approaching cold front to bring below average temperatures
- Abilene Zoo celebrates Golden Zoobilation
- Officials: Texas man kills father during disturbance