ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's soccer team scored three goals in the second half to beat Mississippi College, 3-0 on Saturday afternoon in homecoming action at the HSU Soccer Complex.
Courtney Cramer scored her seventh goal of the season off a double assist from Kristen Pack and Katie Haltiwanger in the 54th minute to give the Cowgirls the lead.
Taylor Thigpen scored from Devon Howard in the 66th minute and Julianne Kucera buried a penalty kick in the 74th minute to setup the final margin.
HSU dominated the game as they outshot the Choctaws 23-1 in the contest and 10-0 on goal. HSU had 11 corner kicks in the contest.
Lexi Stinson worked the shutout in goal and Brianna Blackwell had seven saves for MC.
HSU has won 10 straight and is 10-1 on the year and 6-0 in league play. Mississippi College fell to 8-6 overall and 3-2 in conference action. HSU plays at Texas-Tyler and LeTourneau next weekend.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated