ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's soccer team scored three goals in the second half to beat Mississippi College, 3-0 on Saturday afternoon in homecoming action at the HSU Soccer Complex.
Courtney Cramer scored her seventh goal of the season off a double assist from Kristen Pack and Katie Haltiwanger in the 54th minute to give the Cowgirls the lead.
Taylor Thigpen scored from Devon Howard in the 66th minute and Julianne Kucera buried a penalty kick in the 74th minute to setup the final margin.
HSU dominated the game as they outshot the Choctaws 23-1 in the contest and 10-0 on goal. HSU had 11 corner kicks in the contest.
Lexi Stinson worked the shutout in goal and Brianna Blackwell had seven saves for MC.
HSU has won 10 straight and is 10-1 on the year and 6-0 in league play. Mississippi College fell to 8-6 overall and 3-2 in conference action. HSU plays at Texas-Tyler and LeTourneau next weekend.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend