ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' track and field teams will host the 2013 American Southwest Conference Championships on Friday and Saturday at the HSU Track and Field Complex on Grape Street.
The meet will begin on Friday at 2 p.m. with the high jump and triple jump. The hammer throw and javelin will begin at 3 p.m. and the only running events on Friday will be the 3,000 steeplechase and the 10,000 meters slated for a 3 and 4 p.m. respectively.
Saturday's events will begin at 9 a.m. with the discus, shot put and pole vault and the long jump will begin at 10 a.m.
The running events are slated to begin at 1 p.m. and will follow the traditional format of 4x100 relay, 1500 meters, 100/110 hurdles, 400 meters, 100 meters, 800 meters, 400 meter hurdles, 200 meters, 5000 meters and the 4x400 relay.
Defending champions that will compete in the event are Texas Lutheran's Krisiti Williams in the women's high jump, and UT-Tyler's Jake Waddington in the men's 3000 steeplechase for Friday's events.
Saturday's returning field event champions are UT-Tyler's Buck Thompson in men's discus and Kristyna Landry of TLU in the women's discus, and TLU's Ligia Bolivar in the pole vault.
Saturday returning running event champions are Megan Wagenaar of Concordia in the 800 and 1500, Vanecia Spencer of TLU in the women's 400 meters, Monique Anderson of Texas Lutheran in the 100 and 200 meters and UT-Tyler's Nicklas Huff in the 800 meters.
Texas Lutheran is the defending women's champion and the ASC will have a new men's champion for the first time since 1999 as McMurry moved to Division II after winning 14 straight league titles.
Results will be updated on twitter at @ASCTrack, if you want to receive updates that way just follow @ASCTrack. Otherwise, results will be posted at the end of each day at http://www.hsuathletics.com/sports/m-track/2012-13/releases/ASC_Track_Meet.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, April 26
3:00 – 3,000 Steeplechase (W/M)
4:00 – 10,000 (W/M)
2:00 High Jump (W/M)
2:00 Triple Jump (M/W)
3:00 Hammer Throw (W/M) – FENCE BOUNDARY AT 200'
3:00 Javelin (M/W)
Saturday, April 27
9:00 Discus (W/M)
9:00 Pole Vault (W/M)
9:00 Long Jump (M/W)
9:00 Shot (M/W)
1:00 4 x 100 (W/M)
1:20 1500 (W/M)
1:40 100 H
2:00 110 H
2:20 400 (W/M)
2:40 100 (W/M)
3:00 800 (W/M)
3:20 400H (W/M)
3:40 200 (W/M)
4:00 5,000 (W/M)
4:45 4 x 400 (W/M)
5:15 Coaches Meeting
5:45 Presentation of Awards
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer