MARSHALL, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' third-ranked women's soccer team remained perfect in American Southwest Conference play with a 3-0 win over East Texas Baptist on Saturday evening in Marshall.
The Cowgirls scored in the 27th minute when Julianne Kucera scored off an assist from Taylor Thigpen. It was the fourth goal of the year for Kucera.
The score stayed 1-0 until the 49th minute when Courtney Cramer scored her 12th goal of the season off a double assist from Caitlin Cramer and Devon Howard.
HSU added an insurance goal in the 67th minute when Katie Haltiwanger scored off a Kucera assist.
Hardin-Simmons outshot ETBU 20-0 in the game and Lexi Stinson worked the shutout in goal. Christina Salas had nine saves to pace ETBU.
The Cowgirls are now 10-0-1 on the year and 7-0 in American Southwest Conference action. HSU will play Howard Payne in a makeup game on Tuesday at 3 p.m. at the HSU Soccer Complex. ETBU fell to 7-5-1 overall and 5-4-1 in league play.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale
- Mustangs relishing in chance to make history
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching