MARSHALL, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' third-ranked women's soccer team remained perfect in American Southwest Conference play with a 3-0 win over East Texas Baptist on Saturday evening in Marshall.
The Cowgirls scored in the 27th minute when Julianne Kucera scored off an assist from Taylor Thigpen. It was the fourth goal of the year for Kucera.
The score stayed 1-0 until the 49th minute when Courtney Cramer scored her 12th goal of the season off a double assist from Caitlin Cramer and Devon Howard.
HSU added an insurance goal in the 67th minute when Katie Haltiwanger scored off a Kucera assist.
Hardin-Simmons outshot ETBU 20-0 in the game and Lexi Stinson worked the shutout in goal. Christina Salas had nine saves to pace ETBU.
The Cowgirls are now 10-0-1 on the year and 7-0 in American Southwest Conference action. HSU will play Howard Payne in a makeup game on Tuesday at 3 p.m. at the HSU Soccer Complex. ETBU fell to 7-5-1 overall and 5-4-1 in league play.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident