CLAREMONT, Calif. - Hardin-Simmons' women's tennis team dropped an 8-1 decision to Babson College on Tuesday morning as part of their California trip in Claremont, Calif.
Angie Nhan won her second match of the trip with a three-set win over Sarah Whitaker, 6-1, 4-6, 10-8, at No. 2 singles.
HSU is now 1-7 on the year and Babson improved to 9-5.
The Cowgirls will play a pair of junior colleges the rest of the trip after a scheduling conflict.
Babson 8, Hardin-Simmons 1
1. Alex Freeman (BC) def. Genene Haddad, 6-3, 6-3
2. Angie Nhan (HSU) def. Sarah Whitaker, 6-1, 4-6, 10-8
3. Alexis Frerraro (BC) def. Kelci Jackson, 6-1, 6-2
4. Minte Tamoshunas (BC) def. Tram Le, 6-2, 6-2
5. Victoria Lorido (BC) def. Amelia Cheney, 6-0, 6-2
6. Courtney Fisher (BC) def. Shelby Saul, 6-1, 6-0
1. Freeman/Whitaker (BC) def. Nhan/Haddad, 8-2
2. Frerraro/Tori Paolino (BC) def. Le/Jackson, 8-0
3. Tamoshunas/Lorido (BC) def. Cheney/Saul, 8-0
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Updated Winters man one of 25 to receive Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend