TYLER, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's golf team shot a season best 349 and placed sixth at the Al Jones Memorial Tournament on Tuesday at the par-72, 5,838-yard Cascades Golf Course in Tyler.
Hardin-Simmons' women's golf team shot a season best 349 and placed sixth at the Al Jones Memorial Tournament on Tuesday at the par-72, 5,838-yard Cascades Golf Course in Tyler.
Freshman Dylan Dawson fired a 78 and finished with a two day total of 83-78-161, which was good for a ninth place overall finish. The 78 is the lowest round for a Cowgirl since Kristi Martin shot a 75 in 2007.
Kacy Bartlett had rounds of 86 and 85 for a 171 total. Kyla Stanton shot 92-91-193 and Kara Doege had a 92-97-189 and Traci Tschirhart shot a pair of 95's for a 190 total.
Texas-Tyler won its own tournament by one shot over Southwestern and by two shots over third-place Tyler Junior College. Laura Lindsey won a playoff over UT-Tyler teammate Megan Escoe for the medalist title. The two each shot 154 totals.
The Cowgirls will next be in action on Oct. 22 at the Alamo City Classic in San Antonio.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth