TYLER, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' women's golf team shot a season best 349 and placed sixth at the Al Jones Memorial Tournament on Tuesday at the par-72, 5,838-yard Cascades Golf Course in Tyler.
Hardin-Simmons' women's golf team shot a season best 349 and placed sixth at the Al Jones Memorial Tournament on Tuesday at the par-72, 5,838-yard Cascades Golf Course in Tyler.
Freshman Dylan Dawson fired a 78 and finished with a two day total of 83-78-161, which was good for a ninth place overall finish. The 78 is the lowest round for a Cowgirl since Kristi Martin shot a 75 in 2007.
Kacy Bartlett had rounds of 86 and 85 for a 171 total. Kyla Stanton shot 92-91-193 and Kara Doege had a 92-97-189 and Traci Tschirhart shot a pair of 95's for a 190 total.
Texas-Tyler won its own tournament by one shot over Southwestern and by two shots over third-place Tyler Junior College. Laura Lindsey won a playoff over UT-Tyler teammate Megan Escoe for the medalist title. The two each shot 154 totals.
The Cowgirls will next be in action on Oct. 22 at the Alamo City Classic in San Antonio.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family