ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons golfer Ryan Hughes was named to the 2014 Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholar team that was presented by the Golf Coaches Association of America.
A total of 207 players in Division I, 75 in Division II, 46 in Division III and 11 in NAIA earned the honor.
To be eligible for Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholar status an individual must be a junior or senior academically, compete in at least three full years at the collegiate level, participate in 50-percent of his team's competitive rounds, have a stroke-average under 76.0 in Division I, 78.0 in Division II, 77.0 in NAIA and 79.0 in Division III, and maintain a minimum cumulative grade-point average of 3.2. A recipient must also be of high moral character and be in good standing at his college or university.
Hughes was second on the team with a 78.57 stroke average for his junior campaign. He is an exercise science major.
Information for this story provided by Hardin-Simmons Athletics.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range