AUSTIN, Texas - Texas quarterback David Ash, who has missed most of the season with concussion symptoms, will not return until spring practice.
A statement Monday from Longhorns athletic trainer Kenny Boyd says Texas officials and Ash's family agree he should miss the final two games of the season and the Longhorns' bowl game.
Ash, a junior, was the starter until being injured in the second game against BYU in early September. He returned briefly but has missed Texas' last six games.
Boyd says Ash has made progress in his recovery but doctors have not yet been able to clear him to return.
The Longhorns (7-3, 6-1 Big 12) play Texas Tech (7-4, 4-4) on Thanksgiving before closing the regular season at Baylor on Dec. 7.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck