BROWNWOOD, Texas - The Howard Payne baseball team gave up 10 hits in a 9-2 conference loss to Concordia University Texas Friday afternoon at Don Shepard Park.
Concordia led 3-1 after two scoring one in the first and two in the second. Howard Payne scored in the bottom of the second when Dusty Taylor singled up the middle to bring home from third.
The Yellow Jackets would not score again until the bottom of the eighth when singled up the middle to score .
Holmes finished 2-for-4 from the plate with a RBI. recorded the loss throwing four innings and giving up six runs on seven hits. Five other Jackets saw time on the mound in relief.
Howard Payne had six hits in the game. Concordia recorded 10 hits with two errors.
The Jackets are now 12-8 overall and 0-1 in conference. Concordia stands at 8-10 overall and 1-0 in the ASC. The two teams will finish out the series with a double header on Saturday starting at 12:00 noon.
Information provided by HPU athletics department.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account