BROWNWOOD, Texas - The Howard Payne baseball team gave up 10 hits in a 9-2 conference loss to Concordia University Texas Friday afternoon at Don Shepard Park.
Concordia led 3-1 after two scoring one in the first and two in the second. Howard Payne scored in the bottom of the second when Dusty Taylor singled up the middle to bring home from third.
The Yellow Jackets would not score again until the bottom of the eighth when singled up the middle to score .
Holmes finished 2-for-4 from the plate with a RBI. recorded the loss throwing four innings and giving up six runs on seven hits. Five other Jackets saw time on the mound in relief.
Howard Payne had six hits in the game. Concordia recorded 10 hits with two errors.
The Jackets are now 12-8 overall and 0-1 in conference. Concordia stands at 8-10 overall and 1-0 in the ASC. The two teams will finish out the series with a double header on Saturday starting at 12:00 noon.
Information provided by HPU athletics department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated