CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Pierre Jackson had a season-high 31 points, Isaiah Austin had 16 and No. 16 Baylor rallied in the second half to beat Boston College 84-74 on Thursday in the Charleston Classic.
The Bears (3-0) will face Colorado, the team they beat in last season's NCAA run to the final eight, on Friday for a spot in Sunday night's championship final. Jackson led the way for Baylor with six of his team's 12 3-pointers.
Still, the Bears trailed 52-47 with about 15 minutes to go when Jackson and Austin fueled a 10-0 run to gain control. Austin had two inside baskets, and Jackson two 3-pointers to put Baylor ahead for good.
Boston College (1-1) got 25 points from sophomore Ryan Anderson. The Eagles will play Dayton on Friday.
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season