JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The Jacksonville Jaguars have selected Texas A&M offensive tackle Luke Joeckel with the No. 2 pick in the NFL draft.
With a new general manager, a new head coach and a new direction, the Jaguars entered Thursday night's first round looking to add a significant cornerstone to their rebuilding project.
The 6-foot-6, 306-pound Joeckel should fit the bill.
He had been widely considered the top pick for weeks, but fell to Jacksonville when Kansas City chose Central Michigan offensive tackle Eric Fisher with the top pick.
With holes on both sides of the ball, the Jaguars could have gone in any direction with its first-rounder. But pass-rushers Dion Jordan and Ziggy Ansah were considered risky picks, so the Jaguars kept it safe and went with Joeckel.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account