ABILENE, Texas - McMurry University women's basketball junior forward Keshia Collins has been named as the Heartland Conference "Player of the Week" for the period ending January 6.
Collins led the War Hawks to a 1-1 record on the week, including an overtime loss at Henderson State University and an upset of St. Edward's University, the Heartland's first-place team, this past Saturday.
On the week, Collins demonstrated her all-around balance as a player by averaging 17.5 points, 8.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 3.0 blocks and 1.5 steals per game. She also shot an efficient 51.7 percent (15-29) from the field.
In the OT loss the Henderson State, Collins led all scorers with 17 points. In the win over St. Edward's, she had a double-double of 18 points (also topping all scorers in that game) and 10 rebounds. She blocked three shots in each of the War Hawks' games last week.
On the year, Collins is averaging a team-leading 13.3 p.p.g., while also pulling down 6.5 rebounds per game. She is shooting better than 36 percent from the field and 78 percent from the free throw stripe. Collins leads McM in steals (39) and is second in blocks (11).
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Updated Winters man one of 25 to receive Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend