ABILENE, Texas - McMurry University women's basketball junior forward Keshia Collins has been named as the Heartland Conference "Player of the Week" for the period ending January 6.
Collins led the War Hawks to a 1-1 record on the week, including an overtime loss at Henderson State University and an upset of St. Edward's University, the Heartland's first-place team, this past Saturday.
On the week, Collins demonstrated her all-around balance as a player by averaging 17.5 points, 8.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 3.0 blocks and 1.5 steals per game. She also shot an efficient 51.7 percent (15-29) from the field.
In the OT loss the Henderson State, Collins led all scorers with 17 points. In the win over St. Edward's, she had a double-double of 18 points (also topping all scorers in that game) and 10 rebounds. She blocked three shots in each of the War Hawks' games last week.
On the year, Collins is averaging a team-leading 13.3 p.p.g., while also pulling down 6.5 rebounds per game. She is shooting better than 36 percent from the field and 78 percent from the free throw stripe. Collins leads McM in steals (39) and is second in blocks (11).
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase