DALLAS - Like Mike Gundy, Kliff Kingsbury is now head coach at the Big 12 school where he was previously a standout quarterback.
There is a big difference between the two.
Kingsbury is just getting started at Texas Tech, where this fall he will be the youngest coach in a BCS automatic-qualifying league. He will be 34 when the Red Raiders play their first game.
Gundy is going into his ninth season at Oklahoma State, and his team has been tabbed as the preseason pick to win the conference title.
During the first day of Big 12 football media days Monday, Gundy said he's been fortunate to be Oklahoma State, where he was quarterback from 1986 to 1989.
Kingsbury threw for 12,429 yards and 95 touchdowns for the Red Raiders from 1999-2002.
- Updated Dem convention speeches Day 4: CNN's Reality Check Team vets the claims
- 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance
- Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Hillary Clinton: 'The sky's the limit'