ABILENE, Texas - McMurry University athletics today announced that KSLI (1280 AM) radio – a member of the Townsquare Media Abilene family of stations – will be the flagship station for the War Hawks Radio Network for 2013-14 coverage of the school's intercollegiate athletics program.
Currently, there are four other stations which – along with KSLI – make up the War Hawks Radio Network. Those stations include: KZZN 1490 AM (Lubbock-Littlefield); KNNK FM 100.5 (Amarillo-Hereford-Canyon); KATX FM 97.7 (Eastland-Cisco), and; KWBY FM 107.9 & 98.5 (Stephenville-Granbury).
"We are extremely excited about this new partnership," McM director of athletics Ron Holmes said. "If you look at the demographics and the coverage area of KSLI, it fits nicely with our goals and mission as a department. KSLI – and the folks at Townsquare – also have some pretty good experience hosting sports programing, which is also great for us.
"We appreciate the enthusiasm with which Townsquare has embraced McMurry Athletics and can't wait for the first broadcast to hit the airwaves."
KSLI was the local affiliate for Baylor University athletics last year.
McMurry and KSLI will have an ambitious broadcast schedule, made up of a combination of 100 football, men's & women's basketball and baseball contests. Additionally, KSLI will carry McM's live weekly Monday evening "McMurry Coaches Show".
The first broadcast of 2013-14 schedule is slated for this coming Monday evening – September 2 – with the live airing of the "McMurry Coaches Show" from 6-7 p.m. The "McMurry Coaches Show" will be broadcast from Wholly Cow restaurant's new Abilene location at 3121 S. 14th Street in Abilene. David Bacon will host the weekly show.
The first game broadcast will take place the following Saturday – September 7 – when the War Hawks take on crosstown rival Abilene Christian University at Shotwell Stadium.
"Townsquare Media is so excited to be the flagship station for the War Hawks Radio Network," said Karen Hines, Townsquare Media Market Manager. "We look forward to a long and successful partnership!"
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Updated Police chief: Homicide investigation continues regarding Brownwood man's death
- Updated Brownwood murder suspect wants lower bond to go to theme parks, judge denies
- Updated Texas boy dies after stepping into puddle with downed power line
- Teen's body recovered from Texas lake after canoe capsized
- Sweetwater teen wins gold medal in national powerlifting competition
- Abilene families release butterflies to remember their loved ones
- Young horse riders show off skills in Abilene
- Dog show held at Mall of Abilene
- Eighteen seniors graduate from Abilene Christian School
- Weather doesn't keep Williams from canvassing for votes
- Abilene's new aquatic center to open mid-June
- Police chief: Homicide investigation continues regarding Brownwood man's death
- Brownwood police release ID of man shot in head, upgrade charges against suspect
- 3 firefighters, 1 other injured in Brownwood house fire
- Man in critical condition after shooting in Brownwood, suspect arrested
- TEA says Mullin ISD violated education codes, defrauded state
- Brown County man sentenced to 35 years in prison for child sex crime
- Dyess We Care Team repairs the home of a WWII veteran
- Sweetwater residents welcome rain after severe storm
- NWS confirms multiple tornadoes touched down in northern Brown County
- DPS identifies driver of 18-wheeler that crashed off overpass in Callahan County
- Rain totals: 'Quite measurable' amounts recorded in Big Country
- Sweetwater police chase ends with car on top of 2 pickup trucks