ABILENE, Texas - McMurry University athletics today announced that KSLI (1280 AM) radio – a member of the Townsquare Media Abilene family of stations – will be the flagship station for the War Hawks Radio Network for 2013-14 coverage of the school's intercollegiate athletics program.
Currently, there are four other stations which – along with KSLI – make up the War Hawks Radio Network. Those stations include: KZZN 1490 AM (Lubbock-Littlefield); KNNK FM 100.5 (Amarillo-Hereford-Canyon); KATX FM 97.7 (Eastland-Cisco), and; KWBY FM 107.9 & 98.5 (Stephenville-Granbury).
"We are extremely excited about this new partnership," McM director of athletics Ron Holmes said. "If you look at the demographics and the coverage area of KSLI, it fits nicely with our goals and mission as a department. KSLI – and the folks at Townsquare – also have some pretty good experience hosting sports programing, which is also great for us.
"We appreciate the enthusiasm with which Townsquare has embraced McMurry Athletics and can't wait for the first broadcast to hit the airwaves."
KSLI was the local affiliate for Baylor University athletics last year.
McMurry and KSLI will have an ambitious broadcast schedule, made up of a combination of 100 football, men's & women's basketball and baseball contests. Additionally, KSLI will carry McM's live weekly Monday evening "McMurry Coaches Show".
The first broadcast of 2013-14 schedule is slated for this coming Monday evening – September 2 – with the live airing of the "McMurry Coaches Show" from 6-7 p.m. The "McMurry Coaches Show" will be broadcast from Wholly Cow restaurant's new Abilene location at 3121 S. 14th Street in Abilene. David Bacon will host the weekly show.
The first game broadcast will take place the following Saturday – September 7 – when the War Hawks take on crosstown rival Abilene Christian University at Shotwell Stadium.
"Townsquare Media is so excited to be the flagship station for the War Hawks Radio Network," said Karen Hines, Townsquare Media Market Manager. "We look forward to a long and successful partnership!"
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Calais 'Jungle': Demolition of massive migrant camp to begin
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- KTXS Forecast: Cloud cover temporarily increases for Tuesday
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer