BROWNWOOD, Texas - Howard Payne's led the Lady Jackets with a game high 22 points in a 84-74 conference win over the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor Saturday afternoon in the Brownwood Coliseum.
Howard Payne shot 46% from the field while forcing 16 first half turnovers to gain a 44-27 halftime lead. scored 12 of her game high 22 points and had seven of her eight assists in the opening half.
The Lady Jackets let off the throttle in the second half and cruised to the 84-74 conference win. HPU led 31-18 in points off turnovers but was out-rebounded in the game 58-38 by Mary Hardin-Baylor.
and each had 13 points for HPU. Both also had five steals in the game. added nine points and six rebounds.
UMHB was led by Samara Williams with 18 points. Taylor Tucker had 17 points and 18 rebounds.
Howard Payne is now 16-3 overall and 11-2 in conference play. UMHB stands at 4-14 overall and 3-10 in the ASC. The Lady Jackets will play next on Thursday, January 31st at Texas Lutheran University in Seguin.
Information provided by HPU athletics department.
- Updated Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Updated Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Updated Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Updated Abilene allergist gives tips for dealing with fall allergies
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend