BROWNWOOD, Texas - Howard Payne's led the Lady Jackets with a game high 22 points in a 84-74 conference win over the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor Saturday afternoon in the Brownwood Coliseum.
Howard Payne shot 46% from the field while forcing 16 first half turnovers to gain a 44-27 halftime lead. scored 12 of her game high 22 points and had seven of her eight assists in the opening half.
The Lady Jackets let off the throttle in the second half and cruised to the 84-74 conference win. HPU led 31-18 in points off turnovers but was out-rebounded in the game 58-38 by Mary Hardin-Baylor.
and each had 13 points for HPU. Both also had five steals in the game. added nine points and six rebounds.
UMHB was led by Samara Williams with 18 points. Taylor Tucker had 17 points and 18 rebounds.
Howard Payne is now 16-3 overall and 11-2 in conference play. UMHB stands at 4-14 overall and 3-10 in the ASC. The Lady Jackets will play next on Thursday, January 31st at Texas Lutheran University in Seguin.
Information provided by HPU athletics department.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck