BROWNWOOD, Texas - Howard Payne's led the Lady Jackets with a game high 22 points in a 84-74 conference win over the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor Saturday afternoon in the Brownwood Coliseum.
Howard Payne shot 46% from the field while forcing 16 first half turnovers to gain a 44-27 halftime lead. scored 12 of her game high 22 points and had seven of her eight assists in the opening half.
The Lady Jackets let off the throttle in the second half and cruised to the 84-74 conference win. HPU led 31-18 in points off turnovers but was out-rebounded in the game 58-38 by Mary Hardin-Baylor.
and each had 13 points for HPU. Both also had five steals in the game. added nine points and six rebounds.
UMHB was led by Samara Williams with 18 points. Taylor Tucker had 17 points and 18 rebounds.
Howard Payne is now 16-3 overall and 11-2 in conference play. UMHB stands at 4-14 overall and 3-10 in the ASC. The Lady Jackets will play next on Thursday, January 31st at Texas Lutheran University in Seguin.
Information provided by HPU athletics department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated