RICHARDSON, Texas - Lone Star Conference officials will reveal a new team spirit pass option today when advance tickets go on sale for the 2013 LSC Basketball Championship, set to be played March 6-9 at the Allen Event Center in Allen, Texas.
The pass, featuring modest pricing of $30 for adults and $20 for students, will cater to those fans whose primary interest is simply to follow their favorite team instead of attending all of the tournament's seven sessions. Available only for purchase at member schools through Feb. 21, team spirit passes entitle the bearer to admission to all games (up to three) played by a men's or women's team from the school of choice.
"The team spirit pass is fan friendly ticketing option – one that we think our fanbase will appreciate," LSC commissioner Stan Wagnon said. "With all of the restaurants and shopping and entertainment options available to fans literally within walking distance of the Allen Event Center, the team spirit pass is perfect for the fan that wants to support their team but also wants time to do their own thing in Allen."
Those wanting access to all seven sessions can purchase all-session tickets at a reduced rate of $45 through Feb. 27 at member schools. After the advance purchase deadline, the adult price moves to $60 for all-session tickets or $15 per session. Student prices will be $32 for all-session tickets or $10 by session.
Tickets are also available at the Allen Event Center Box Office or through Ticketmaster (www.ticketmaster.com). Another option available to fans is to enjoy the view from one of the Allen Event Center's luxury suites. For information on suites, contact Mike Martin at MichaelMartin@allenamericans.com or (972) 912-1025.
This marks the second straight year for the LSC Basketball Championship to be played in Allen, with the tournament again featuring eight men's and eight women's teams. The format is set to change slightly this year, with all games being played in doubleheader sessions throughout the event. Every doubleheader session will consist of a women's game followed by a men's game, including Saturday night's final session that features both the men's and women's championship games.
All-Session Tickets Adult Student
All-Session $60 $32
Advance All-Session (purchase before Feb. 27) $45 $32
Team Spirit Pass Voucher Adult Student
Advance Team Spirit (purchase before Feb. 21) $30 $20
Single-Session Tickets Adult Student
General Admission $15 $10
Information for this story provided by LSC Media.
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon