EDMOND, Okla. - The McMurry baseball program fell for the second-consecutive game as it was defeated, 13-2, at the hands of Oklahoma Christian on Thursday afternoon. In the game the War Hawks collected just two hits, and committed five errors on the day.
McM got on the board first in the top of the second when Cody Howard reached on a single and was advanced to second base on a wild pitch. Jeremy Ruiz quickly brought him in with a one-out double to make the score 1-0 in favor of the War Hawks.
In the bottom of the third, Oklahoma Christian struck for five runs on five hits. Then the Eagles struck for two more in the bottom of the fourth and then exploded for six runs in the bottom of the sixth inning to take a commanding 13-1 lead.
In the bottom of the seventh Ruiz knocked in his second run of the game, as he hit an RBI single which scored Jon Mejia to make the score 13-2. However, that is as close as the War Hawks would get and they fell to three games under .500.
The War Hawks will be back in action on Friday and Saturday as they travel to Wichita, Kansas for a three-game series with Newman University. The two teams will play a double header on Friday starting at 3 p.m. with a nine-inning game to follow on Saturday at noon.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family