LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - The McMurry University cross country teams ran against a NCAA Division I dominated field and turned in a great effort at the University of Arkansas-Little Rock Invitational. The War Hawks men were the top non-NCAA I finisher, while the women were second.
Lauren Peery was the top McM finisher in the women's 5K race. Peery crossed the line in a time of 19:30.54, which was 17th in the overall standings. Alyssa Fields was close behind in a time of 19:43.61, which was 21st.
Mary Affleck, 20:14.94, was the War Hawks' third finisher. Vanessa Sanchez crossed in a time of 21:43.95 and Carissa Terry at 21:53.47.
In the men's 8K, Michael Dowd led McMurry. Dowd finished at 25:58.75 and was 17th overall.
Scout Hale was McM's second finisher in a clocking of 26:28.06, 26th overall. Third for McMurry was Shane Floyd at 26:51.11 (31st).
Kameron Hartfield had a time of 27:05.54 as the fourth finisher.
"We had a good race today," said McM head coach David Chandler. "Several ran personal records. Only a few had an off day. It was fun to watch.
"It was about being aggressive and running fast today. Most of our team took advantage of the opportunity to do that today."
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated DPS identifies man killed in Hwy 84 crash near Santa Anna, Coleman
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017