BEREA, Ky. - McMurry University's cross country teams got in a good tune-up heading into next month's National Christian College Athletics Association championships, running at the Berea College Southeastern Classic on Saturday. The War Hawk women were fourth out of 10 teams, while the McM men placed eighth of 12 teams.
Lauren Peery was McMurry's top women's finisher for the third-consecutive meet, covering the 5K course in a time of 20:00.24 minutes, good enough for 15th place. Teammate CeCe Ramirez was immediately behind Peery in 16th place (20:18.35).
Mary Affleck crossed the line in a time of 20:23.85, finishing in 21st place. She was followed by Alyssa Fields in 27th (20:35.20) and Chantel Ruffin in 42nd (21:29.43). Brittney McGuire was 45th in a time of 21:42.50.
Michael Dowd once again was the first finisher for McMurry's men. Dowd finished the 8K race in a time of 26:44.41 minutes. Dowd was 20th in the overall finish.
Bo Porter was 30th overall in a clocking of 27:04.47. He was followed by War Hawk teammates Shane Floyd in 43rd (27:46.78) and Hector Flores in 46th (27:49.21). Trent Fulk rounded out the McM top-five in 47th place (27:57.73).
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder