BEREA, Ky. - McMurry University's cross country teams got in a good tune-up heading into next month's National Christian College Athletics Association championships, running at the Berea College Southeastern Classic on Saturday. The War Hawk women were fourth out of 10 teams, while the McM men placed eighth of 12 teams.
Lauren Peery was McMurry's top women's finisher for the third-consecutive meet, covering the 5K course in a time of 20:00.24 minutes, good enough for 15th place. Teammate CeCe Ramirez was immediately behind Peery in 16th place (20:18.35).
Mary Affleck crossed the line in a time of 20:23.85, finishing in 21st place. She was followed by Alyssa Fields in 27th (20:35.20) and Chantel Ruffin in 42nd (21:29.43). Brittney McGuire was 45th in a time of 21:42.50.
Michael Dowd once again was the first finisher for McMurry's men. Dowd finished the 8K race in a time of 26:44.41 minutes. Dowd was 20th in the overall finish.
Bo Porter was 30th overall in a clocking of 27:04.47. He was followed by War Hawk teammates Shane Floyd in 43rd (27:46.78) and Hector Flores in 46th (27:49.21). Trent Fulk rounded out the McM top-five in 47th place (27:57.73).
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Updated Historical treasures lost, damaged in Italian quake
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene