LAREDO, Texas - After Day 1 of the Jack Brown Memorial tournament, the McMurry University men's team is in fourth place and the women fifth, at the Laredo Country Club. The two-day event, hosted by Texas A&M International University, concludes on Tuesday.
The McM men played 36 holes on the first day, compiling a team total of 615.
Junior Matt Porter is in fourth place, posting rounds of 71 and 75 for a 146. Teammate Jansen McBride is 13th in the standings after carding a 154 (75-79) and Curtis Stanley 18th with a 156.
Garrett Betts (162) and Seth Abbott (165) sit in 25th and 26th, respectively.
In the women's invitational, McM's squad had an 18-hole total of 340. Junior Leah Morgan finds herself tied for 10th place with an 82.
Freshman Arabella Cruz is tied for 21st after an opening-day 85. Senior Mackenzie Stone had an 86, tying her for 23rd.
Randi Hanfeld and Cameron Wallace are tied for 26th after identical rounds of 87.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger