POTTSBORO, Texas - The McMurry University men's golf team made a Day 2 run at the Texas A&M-Commerce Crawford-Wade Invitational, jumping two places for an eighth place finish. The War Hawks shot a team composite of 619 for the 36-hole, two-day event on the par-72, 6,536-yard Tanglewood Resort course.
Senior Matt Ragovin led McMurry's team, finishing in a tie for 18th place out of 84 entrants. Ragovin shot a 77 in Monday's blustery first round and followed that up with a creditable 75 on Tuesday, the 11th-best round of the day, for a tally of 152.
Junior Morgan Wright had consistent back-to-back rounds of 77-78 for a total of 155 and a finish of tied for 28th.
Sophomores Matt Porter and Garrett Betts placed tied for 36th and tied for 43rd, respectively. Porter went 77-79, for a score of 156, for his 36 holes. Betts struggled with an 82 in the opening round and bounced back nicely with a 76 on Tuesday.
Curtis Stanley had identical rounds of 80 (160 total) and was tied for 53rd in the final standings.
The War Hawks will next compete at the Mississippi College Spring Invitational on March 4-5 in Delhi, La.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen