MOBILE, Alabama - McMurry University will begin play in the National Christian College Athletic Association Men's Tennis Championships, at the Copeland-Cox Tennis Center on Tuesday (May 7). The War Hawks earned their way to the national finals after sweeping both matches of the Central Region tournament last weekend.
McM's first matches in the round-robin portion of the championships take place on Tuesday, beginning with an 8:30 a.m. bout versus Indiana Wesleyan University. Later that same day, the War Hawks face the No. 1-rated team in the NCCAA – Azusa Pacific University (Calif.) – at 2:30 p.m.
On Wednesday at 9 a.m., McMurry squares off versus Roberts Wesleyan College (N.Y.) to complete matches versus teams in its bracket. The top two teams from each bracket advance to the single-elimination semi-finals on Wednesday at 9 a.m., with the finals on Thursday morning.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth