MOBILE, Alabama - McMurry University will begin play in the National Christian College Athletic Association Men's Tennis Championships, at the Copeland-Cox Tennis Center on Tuesday (May 7). The War Hawks earned their way to the national finals after sweeping both matches of the Central Region tournament last weekend.
McM's first matches in the round-robin portion of the championships take place on Tuesday, beginning with an 8:30 a.m. bout versus Indiana Wesleyan University. Later that same day, the War Hawks face the No. 1-rated team in the NCCAA – Azusa Pacific University (Calif.) – at 2:30 p.m.
On Wednesday at 9 a.m., McMurry squares off versus Roberts Wesleyan College (N.Y.) to complete matches versus teams in its bracket. The top two teams from each bracket advance to the single-elimination semi-finals on Wednesday at 9 a.m., with the finals on Thursday morning.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Abilene police chief posts on social media after 10 morning crashes
- Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Taylor County woman pleads guilty for injuring her children
- Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- Abilene woman pleads guilty to aggravated ID theft
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget