LUBBOCK, Texas - McMurry University lost its final regular season game of the season, falling at Lubbock Christian University, 3-1. The loss dropped the War Hawks to 14-15 overall and 10-8 versus Heartland Conference foes.
Senior Kasi Conners led McM with 11 kills, Conners also had nine block on the afternoon.
Kayla Hines and Kelsey Harkins each added nine kills. Harkins also served up two aces, while Hines hit a team-high .364 attack percentage.
Peyton Evans had a good all-around day with eight kills and eight blocks. Sophomore Taylor Seaton contributed seven kills.
Defensively, sophomore libero Ayssa Garcia led McMurry with 26 digs.
The War Hawks will now await their first round opponent for next weekend's National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA) Central Region tournament (to be announced Monday). McM is the defending NCCAA national champion.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Updated Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- San Angelo woman dies in three-vehicle collision near Ballinger
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer