PANAMA CITY BEACH, Florida - McMurry University's women's golf team finished in ninth place, as the 2013 National Christian College Athletic Association Women's Golf Invitational wrapped up on Wednesday at The Hombre Golf Club. The War Hawks carded a 331 on Day 3, finishing the tourney with a team composite of 980.
Freshman Arabella Cruz narrowly missed out on a top-10 finish – placing in a tie for 11th – during her first trip to the national invitational. Cruz opened with a birdie on the par-5 first hole, but didn't break par again until the 16th. Six bogeys and one double – on a day when all the competitors' scores were high – gave her a six-over-par-78 on Wednesday and a 54-hole total of 231.
Senior Makenzie Stone was McM's next placer in a tie for 24th, after carding an 80 on Day 3. Stone had back-to-back birdies on 15 and 16 on her way to a total of 238 for the tournament. Sophomore Randi Hanfeld's 83 gave her an aggregate score of 251 for the 54 holes, 42nd place overall.
Leah Morgan was in 45th place after a 90 on Wednesday (and a 260 score overall). Cameron Wallace finished the tournament with a 291 score.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Updated Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Updated Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- High levels of ammonia in Texas home where some 430 animals found