POTTSBORO, Texas - The McMurry women's golf team continued its strong showing at the Texoma Chevy Dealers Lions Invitational, finishing tied for sixth place out of 14 teams. The event was hosted by Texas A&M University-Commerce at the par-72, 5,986-yard Tanglewood Resort Golf Course.
The War Hawk women carded a team total of 345 in Tuesday's final round and a tournament total of 684.
Freshman Arabella Cruz added an 87 in round two to her 81 on Monday, to finish the event with a 168 and a tie for 18th place.
Senior Makenzie Stone was close behind with a 169, posting a team-best round of 84 for her final 18 holes. Stone was tied for 21st in the final standings.
Randi Hanfeld tied for 24th place with a two-day aggregate of 171 (85-86), while junior Leah Morgan had a 36-hole total of 176, after identical rounds of 88 each day. Morgan was 42nd and teammate Cameron Wallace finished 66th (203).
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Updated Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program