POTTSBORO, Texas - The McMurry women's golf team continued its strong showing at the Texoma Chevy Dealers Lions Invitational, finishing tied for sixth place out of 14 teams. The event was hosted by Texas A&M University-Commerce at the par-72, 5,986-yard Tanglewood Resort Golf Course.
The War Hawk women carded a team total of 345 in Tuesday's final round and a tournament total of 684.
Freshman Arabella Cruz added an 87 in round two to her 81 on Monday, to finish the event with a 168 and a tie for 18th place.
Senior Makenzie Stone was close behind with a 169, posting a team-best round of 84 for her final 18 holes. Stone was tied for 21st in the final standings.
Randi Hanfeld tied for 24th place with a two-day aggregate of 171 (85-86), while junior Leah Morgan had a 36-hole total of 176, after identical rounds of 88 each day. Morgan was 42nd and teammate Cameron Wallace finished 66th (203).
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Updated Search continues in Sweetwater after man ditches motorcycle, flees
- New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend