PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. - After Day 1 of the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA) Women's Golf Invitational, McMurry University finds itself in ninth place in the field. As a team, the War Hawks carded a team score of 335 for the first 18 holes of the tournament at the par 72, 5,616-yard The Hombre Golf Club.
Freshman Arabella Cruz had McM's top performance of the day, firing a seven-over 79, putting her in a six-player logjam in 22nd place. On the day, she carded 12 pars (including five straight to open her round).
Senior Makenzie Stone is tied for 36th in the 51-player field after a round of 83 on Monday. Stone had ten pars and a birdie on the par-five 16th (one of just two birdies by McM golfers in the round).
Junior Leah Morgan was close behind her teammate with a round of 85, placing her in a tie for 42nd. Randi Hanfeld – who had the team's only other birdie – shot an 88 (46th place), with Cameron Wallace turning in a 96 to round out the War Hawks' day.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated