PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. - After Day 1 of the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA) Women's Golf Invitational, McMurry University finds itself in ninth place in the field. As a team, the War Hawks carded a team score of 335 for the first 18 holes of the tournament at the par 72, 5,616-yard The Hombre Golf Club.
Freshman Arabella Cruz had McM's top performance of the day, firing a seven-over 79, putting her in a six-player logjam in 22nd place. On the day, she carded 12 pars (including five straight to open her round).
Senior Makenzie Stone is tied for 36th in the 51-player field after a round of 83 on Monday. Stone had ten pars and a birdie on the par-five 16th (one of just two birdies by McM golfers in the round).
Junior Leah Morgan was close behind her teammate with a round of 85, placing her in a tie for 42nd. Randi Hanfeld – who had the team's only other birdie – shot an 88 (46th place), with Cameron Wallace turning in a 96 to round out the War Hawks' day.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget