CEDARVILLE, Ohio - McMurry University juniors Lauren Peery and Michael Dowd were McMurry University's top finishers in their respective races at the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA) cross country championships, held at the Elvin R. King Cross Country Course at Cedarville University. The War Hawks sent three men's and three women's competitors, and not eligible for the team title.
In the 33rd annual women's 5K race, Peery ran a time of 20:02.05 minutes. Peery placed 68th in the 227-runner field.
Fellow junior Alyssa Fields was 86th in the field, crossing the line at 20:26.91. Sophomore teammate Mary Affleck was 129th, with a finishing time of 21:10.47.
In the 41st annual men's 8K, Dowd was 30th among the 229-male entrants. Dowd hit the tape at 26:34.30 minutes.
The War Hawks other two men's competitors – freshman Scout Hale and sophomore Bo Porter – were 61st and 67th, respectively. Hale had a clocking of 27:16.83 and Porter was close behind at 27:25.81.
Information provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated