ABILENE, Texas - The McMurry University football team will be having its Spring Game on Thursday evening, April 25, at 7 p.m. at Wilford Moore Stadium. The game is open to the public and free of charge.
The Spring Game serves as the finish to the War Hawks' first year of being able to conduct their program fully under NCAA Division II guidelines, which includes practice in full pads. According to first-year head coach Mason Miller, the McMurry team will run roughly 50 plays during the game.
McM will open the 2013 season on Saturday, September 7 versus cross-town rival and NCAA I foe Abilene Christian University.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Sports Information.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth