ABILENE, Texas - McMurry kick started their annual volleyball camp Monday at Kimbrell Arena.
The camp was for girls in grades 6-8, with a chance for them to hit the court with War Hawks' head coach Cammie Petree.
Petree and players focused on teaching the girls fundamentals of the game.
"I look forward to camp," said Petree. "You get to see these girls [that] you see out in the the community. You recognize them. One of the requirements I have for all my players is for them to know all the campers names, so we can go through and call them by name. It allows us even when we are out in the community to recognize them, and so it's not just them recognizing us, we can call them by name and it's just a lot of fun."
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance
- Updated Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Updated Hillary Clinton: 'The sky's the limit'
- Updated Hundreds in Abilene run 5K race to support law enforcement