ABILENE, Texas - McMurry kick started their annual volleyball camp Monday at Kimbrell Arena.
The camp was for girls in grades 6-8, with a chance for them to hit the court with War Hawks' head coach Cammie Petree.
Petree and players focused on teaching the girls fundamentals of the game.
"I look forward to camp," said Petree. "You get to see these girls [that] you see out in the the community. You recognize them. One of the requirements I have for all my players is for them to know all the campers names, so we can go through and call them by name. It allows us even when we are out in the community to recognize them, and so it's not just them recognizing us, we can call them by name and it's just a lot of fun."
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Updated Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade