CONWAY. Ark. - The McMurry University men's and women's swimming teams combined to take fourth place at the 51st Annual Hendrix Relays at Bob Courtway Pool on Saturday.
Oklahoma Baptist won the Relays with 1,016 points. They were followed by Centenary (636), University of Texas of the Permian Basin (608), McMurry (474), Hendrix (388), University of Arkansas at Little Rock (366) and Oklahoma Baptist B (266).
The men's 300-yard breaststroke relay team comprised of Justin Aranavage (Temple, Texas / Temple HS), Issac Chantos (New Braunfels, Texas / Canyon HS) and Nick Helgerson (The Woodlands / The Woodlands HS) finished second-overall, with a time of 3:29.48.
The women's 200-yard freestyle relay team of Kelly McNamee (Colleyville, Texas / L.D. Bell HS), Shannon Samples (Duncanville / Duncanville HS), Samantha Spain (The Woodlands, Texas / The Woodlands HS) and Sarah Hernandez (Belton, Texas / Temple HS) clocked in at 1:48.98, which was good for third overall.
The men's 300-yard backstroke relay team of David Bowers (League City, Texas / Clear Springs HS), Kent Grimes (Fort Worth, Texas / Western Hills HS) and Sam McCleney (Cypress, Texas / Cy-Fair HS) finished with a time of 2:56:63, which was also good for third place.
Also, the men's 200-yard relay team of Cameron Sikes (Clebourne, Texas / Clebourne HS) Bowers, Aranavage and McCleney finished third with a time of 1:43.12.
Both teams return to the pool Oct. 9 at Southwestern University.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash