ABILENE, Texas - Since joining division two last fall, McMurry volleyball has rewritten the school record books across the board.
Last year, all-american M.J. Vickers became the all-time kills leader, the team captured their first national title at the NCCAA tournament, and just a few weeks ago, head coach Cammie Petree captured her 300th career win
"It was an exciting day," Coach Petree told KTXS. "Kind of took me back to the 200th and 100th, but it's just another W. I'm just very thankful for all of the girls that have been apart of that," added Petree.
"It was awesome after she won (the 300th game),' says Senior Peyton Evans. "She came up to us after and said that we were apart of it and that she'll never forget the team and what he helped her accompished."
Last week, senior middle blocker Kasi Conners notched her name in the record books when she became the programs all-time leader in blocks reaching a total of 507 against Texas A&M International.
The accomplishment is more meaningful to Conners considering she's an Abilene girl through and through. She graduated from Abilene high back in 2010.
"It's awesome to be able to be in the record books," Conners told KTXS. "I was on cloud nine and I'm so thankful for my teammates."
"It was very exciting (watching Kasi break the record)," added Coach Petree. "Kasi has worked very hard over the last four years to really grow in her game. Now she's a very dynamic player, very fun to watch, it's been fun to watch her progress as a player from watching her at Abilene high to watching her as a senior here and I'm just very proud of her."
McMurry has won their last two games against Texas A&M International and St. Marys (TX). They are 2-0 in conference entering Tuesday's home opener with St. Edwards. The game is set to begin at 7 p.m. at Kimbrell Arena.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking