AUSTIN, Texas - The McMurry University volleyball program fell in straight sets for just the third time this season as they were defeated 25-23, 25-14, 25-13 at the hands of St. Edward's University on Thursday evening.
McMurry had the lead in the contest just seven times throughout as they fell in straight sets. As a team, St. Edward's hit .234 on the day, which is the second highest hitting percentage allowed by the War Hawks this season (allowed .284 against Angelo State).
Offensively, the War Hawks were led by a nine-kill performance by M.J. Vickers. With that total, Vickers now needs just 34 kills to break the all-time career kills record. Kayla Hines and Kelsey Harkins also pitched in with six kills apiece.
Defensively, the War Hawks totaled 68 digs on the day, led by Ayssa Garcia's 22 and 18 by Vickers. Peyton Evansalso registered double-digit digs in the game with 14.
McMurry will be back in action on Saturday, October 27 when they return home for the first time in two weeks to take on the Patriots of Dallas Baptist University. The contest is scheduled for a 12 p.m. start.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Sports Information.
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen