CLAREMORE, Okla. - Despite four players scoring in double figures, the McMurry University men's basketball team dropped an 83-73 decision at Rogers State University Saturday afternoon in Heartland Conference action.
The opening 15 minutes of the game was evenly matched with neither team gaining an edge.
However, that all changed at 5:53 in the first half.
RSU (12-6, 7-3 HC), clinging to a 23-22 lead, went on a 14-6 run to close out the first half and entered halftime with a 37-28 lead.
McM quickly chipped away at the Hillcats' lead and found themselves down 41-39 at 17:07 in the second half. RSU responded with a 16-9 run over the next seven minutes and gained control.
RSU would lead by as much as 13 points and easily closed out the game.
McM turned the ball over 15 times, which resulted in 16 points for the Hillcats. Likewise, RSU turned the rock over 15 times, which turned into 14 points for the War Hawks.
The War Hawks found success in the paint and outscored the Hillcats by a 40-34 margin.
Alfred Perez (Spring, Texas/Klein Collins HS) and Connor Robinson (Austin, Texas/Bowie HS) scored 15 points apiece. Kourtney Goff (Rochester, N.Y./Southern Illinois University) helped out with 11 points and Hondo Webb (Denison, Texas/Lamar University) chipped in 10 points.
McM (8-10, 3-6 HC) look to stop its four-game skid Thursday evening at Ron Holmes Court at Kimbrell Arena against Oklahoma Christian University. Tip is set for 7:30 p.m.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated