THE COLONY, Texas - Junior Matt Porter (Seymour, Texas) placed ninth in the final individual standings at The Classic at The Tribute tournament (hosted by Texas A&M University-Commerce), which wrapped up with 18 holes on Tuesday (Oct. 29). The War Hawks finished 10th out of 15 teams.
Porter carded his second-consecutive two-under-par round of 70 in Tuesday's final 18 holes, giving him a 140 for the event and another top-10 finish for his career. Only seven players had a lower score than Porter on Day 2 of the tourney.
Sophomore Mitchel Fagan – who also shot a 70 in Monday's first round – turned in a 75 on Tuesday to close out his round with an aggregate 145 and a tie for 25th place.
Jansen McBride was McMurry's third finisher with a 36-hole total of 148, tying him for 38th place. Seth Abbott bounced back from a 78 on Monday to post a 74 on Day 2 and 152 for the tournament (tie for 59th). Curtis Stanley had back-to-back 81's.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Updated Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Updated Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Perfect weather for coming weekend
- Man recants story about road rage incident near Abilene
- Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget