THE COLONY, Texas - Junior Matt Porter (Seymour, Texas) placed ninth in the final individual standings at The Classic at The Tribute tournament (hosted by Texas A&M University-Commerce), which wrapped up with 18 holes on Tuesday (Oct. 29). The War Hawks finished 10th out of 15 teams.
Porter carded his second-consecutive two-under-par round of 70 in Tuesday's final 18 holes, giving him a 140 for the event and another top-10 finish for his career. Only seven players had a lower score than Porter on Day 2 of the tourney.
Sophomore Mitchel Fagan – who also shot a 70 in Monday's first round – turned in a 75 on Tuesday to close out his round with an aggregate 145 and a tie for 25th place.
Jansen McBride was McMurry's third finisher with a 36-hole total of 148, tying him for 38th place. Seth Abbott bounced back from a 78 on Monday to post a 74 on Day 2 and 152 for the tournament (tie for 59th). Curtis Stanley had back-to-back 81's.
Information provided by McMurry athletics department.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field