ABILENE, Texas - Two goals in each half translated to a 4-0 loss by McMurry University at the hands of Newman University at Edwards Field. The setback left the War Hawks at 2-8 overall and lifted the Jets to 2-6-1.
Four different players tallied for Newman in the game.
The Jets flew out to the early advantage with a goal in the 10th minute of play. Less than 10 minutes later, a penalty kick goal upped the Newman advantage to 2-0, as it stood until the intermission.
That score held for the majority of the second stanza. However, in the final 10 minutes, the jets would land another two goals to put matters of reach, 4-0.
McMurry actually out-shot Newman by a 10-7 margin in the match. Jets' goalie Robin Allard turned away three War Hawk shots-on-goal (all in the first half), while McM net-minder Zack Brewer did not register a save and was charged with all four goals.
McMurry will resume action this Saturday (Oct. 6) at 3 p.m. versus Oklahoma Christian University at Edwards Field.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Sports Information.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth