ABILENE, Texas - Two goals in each half translated to a 4-0 loss by McMurry University at the hands of Newman University at Edwards Field. The setback left the War Hawks at 2-8 overall and lifted the Jets to 2-6-1.
Four different players tallied for Newman in the game.
The Jets flew out to the early advantage with a goal in the 10th minute of play. Less than 10 minutes later, a penalty kick goal upped the Newman advantage to 2-0, as it stood until the intermission.
That score held for the majority of the second stanza. However, in the final 10 minutes, the jets would land another two goals to put matters of reach, 4-0.
McMurry actually out-shot Newman by a 10-7 margin in the match. Jets' goalie Robin Allard turned away three War Hawk shots-on-goal (all in the first half), while McM net-minder Zack Brewer did not register a save and was charged with all four goals.
McMurry will resume action this Saturday (Oct. 6) at 3 p.m. versus Oklahoma Christian University at Edwards Field.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Sports Information.
- Updated Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- San Angelo city councilman asked to resign over racial Facebook comments
- Updated Storms result in phone problems at Brownwood Police Department
- Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- Updated Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- 140-year-old hardware store to stay open under new ownership
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field