ABILENE, Texas - Two goals in each half translated to a 4-0 loss by McMurry University at the hands of Newman University at Edwards Field. The setback left the War Hawks at 2-8 overall and lifted the Jets to 2-6-1.
Four different players tallied for Newman in the game.
The Jets flew out to the early advantage with a goal in the 10th minute of play. Less than 10 minutes later, a penalty kick goal upped the Newman advantage to 2-0, as it stood until the intermission.
That score held for the majority of the second stanza. However, in the final 10 minutes, the jets would land another two goals to put matters of reach, 4-0.
McMurry actually out-shot Newman by a 10-7 margin in the match. Jets' goalie Robin Allard turned away three War Hawk shots-on-goal (all in the first half), while McM net-minder Zack Brewer did not register a save and was charged with all four goals.
McMurry will resume action this Saturday (Oct. 6) at 3 p.m. versus Oklahoma Christian University at Edwards Field.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Sports Information.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family