WACO, Texas - Cory Jefferson had 16 points and 10 rebounds, Brady Heslip made five 3-pointers in scoring 17 points and No. 18 Baylor returned to the mainland with a 104-59 victory over Hardin-Simmons on Sunday.
Rico Gathers had 17 points and nine rebounds for Baylor (7-1), which had six players finish with double-figure scoring. Taurean Prince had 13 points, while Isaiah Austin had 12 and Gary Franklin 10.
Baylor played three games in three days earlier in the week at the Maui Invitational, leaving Hawaii with its first loss after a 74-67 loss to No. 8 Syracuse in the tournament's championship game Wednesday night. The Bears' next game is Friday night against No. 3 Kentucky.
Cameron Barnes had 15 points to lead Hardin-Simmons (0-4). John Barnes had 12.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range