BROWNWOOD, Texas - Howard Payne shortstop set the Howard Payne record for homeruns in a season with nine in game two of the Saturday double header with Concordia University Texas. The Lady Jackets lost game one 5-12 and won the series finale 5-3.
hit her ninth homerun of the year in the first inning of game two of the Lady Jackets Saturday double header with Concordia Texas. Middleton's ninth homerun broke the previous record of eight held by Ashley Silva in 2008. Middleton's two-run shot along with an homerun, her first as a Lady Jacket, in the second would give HPU an early 3-0 in game two.
Concordia scored one in the top of the third but HPU answered back with to in the bottom of the inning. With the bases loaded scored on a passed ball then a Cruddas single to left field scoring .
CTX scored two in the fifth but the Lady Jackets would hold on for the 5-3 win in the series finale.
recorded the complete game win for the Lady Jackets giving up three runs on nine hits. Poerner, Cruddas and each had two hits for HPU in the game.
The Lady Jackets dropped game one 5-12 after falling behind early 3-0. HPU had a two-run fifth and three-run sixth to round out their scoring.
Caraway recorded the loss throwing three innings in the start. threw the final four innings striking out four. Poerner, Middleton and Tellez each had two hits in the game.
Howard Payne now stands at 11-12 overall and 6-4 in conference. CTX is now 15-7 overall and 4-4 in conference. The Lady Jackets will play next on Wednesday, March 27th against Schreiner University in Kerrville, Texas starting at 2:00 pm.
Information provided by HPU athletics department.
- Updated Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills