ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' senior golfer Tyler Mileger shot a three-under par 69 to win a spot in the 2013 Texas Amateur at the Abilene Qualifier on Wednesday at the Abilene Country Club Fairway Course.
Mileger and beat Abilene Christian University All-American Alex Carpenter by one shot and the pair advanced to the 104th Texas Amateur that will be held June 13-16 at the Lakeside Country Club in Houston.
He beat a field of 11 contestants at the Fairway Oaks Course.
Mileger was an all-American Southwest Conference performer this season for the Cowboys.
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck