ABILENE, Texas - Hardin-Simmons' senior golfer Tyler Mileger shot a three-under par 69 to win a spot in the 2013 Texas Amateur at the Abilene Qualifier on Wednesday at the Abilene Country Club Fairway Course.
Mileger and beat Abilene Christian University All-American Alex Carpenter by one shot and the pair advanced to the 104th Texas Amateur that will be held June 13-16 at the Lakeside Country Club in Houston.
He beat a field of 11 contestants at the Fairway Oaks Course.
Mileger was an all-American Southwest Conference performer this season for the Cowboys.
Information for this story provided by HSU Sports Information.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer