ABILENE, Texas - McMurry University head football coach Mason Miller has announced his resignation in order to pursue another coaching opportunity.
"We thank Mason for his five years of service to McMurry University," said Dr. Paul Fabrizio, Vice President for Academic Affairs. "Given the recent decision by the University to return to NCAA III, we understand that some staff members might choose to pursue other options more in line with their career goals. We wish him all the success in his next position."
McMurry defensive coordinator Kendall Roberson has been named the interim head coach while a search for the new head coach is conducted. Roberson came to the McMurry program in 2009 and coached the War Hawks' secondary. He was promoted to defensive coordinator last season under Miller.
The University has already begun its search for Miller's replacement and hopes to have a new head coach in place as soon as possible.
Information for this story provided by McMurry Athletics.
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County sisters receive 4th Grammy nomination
- Iraan football team returns to gridiron in wake of tragedy
- Coach's ring brings perspective to Sweetwater's run