ABILENE, Texas - The senior forward George Nelson (Killeen, Texas / Harker Heights HS) averaged 13.5 points, 13 rebounds, 2.5 blocks and two steals over a 2-0 week in conference play, including dealing Texas-Dallas its first loss of the season.
Nelson had career highs of 19 points and 14 rebounds in the 64-62 home win over UTD. His 12 boards were a game high against Ozarks.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash