ABILENE, Texas - The senior forward George Nelson (Killeen, Texas / Harker Heights HS) averaged 13.5 points, 13 rebounds, 2.5 blocks and two steals over a 2-0 week in conference play, including dealing Texas-Dallas its first loss of the season.
Nelson had career highs of 19 points and 14 rebounds in the 64-62 home win over UTD. His 12 boards were a game high against Ozarks.
Information provided by HSU athletics department.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated