LUBBOCK, Texas - Brittney Griner set the Big 12 women's career scoring record on Wednesday night, finishing with 40 points in top-ranked Baylor's 90-60 victory over Texas Tech.
It was the fourth career 40-point performance for Griner, who also had 15 rebounds for her 51st career double-double.
Griner passed Oklahoma State's Andrea Riley for the record while scoring the first four points of the game, giving her 2,837 for her career. Riley had 2,835 points from 2007-2010.
Brooklyn Pope added 14 points for Baylor (19-1, 9-0).
Kelsi Baker scored 12 points for Texas Tech (16-5, 6-3), which had won four in a row.
It was the Lady Bears' 31st consecutive Big 12 regular-season victory. Texas Tech was the last team to beat Baylor during the regular season, topping the Lady Bears in 2011.
- Updated Obama to Trump: America is already great
- Updated Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits
- Updated Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated McMurry professor: Clinton's nomination shows nation's growth