LUBBOCK, Texas - Brittney Griner set the Big 12 women's career scoring record on Wednesday night, finishing with 40 points in top-ranked Baylor's 90-60 victory over Texas Tech.
It was the fourth career 40-point performance for Griner, who also had 15 rebounds for her 51st career double-double.
Griner passed Oklahoma State's Andrea Riley for the record while scoring the first four points of the game, giving her 2,837 for her career. Riley had 2,835 points from 2007-2010.
Brooklyn Pope added 14 points for Baylor (19-1, 9-0).
Kelsi Baker scored 12 points for Texas Tech (16-5, 6-3), which had won four in a row.
It was the Lady Bears' 31st consecutive Big 12 regular-season victory. Texas Tech was the last team to beat Baylor during the regular season, topping the Lady Bears in 2011.
- Updated Historical treasures lost, damaged in Italian quake
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene