SAN ANTONIO (AP) - No. 10 Oregon will square off against Texas in the Alamo Bowl on Dec. 30.
Oregon (10-2) won its first eight games and was in the national title discussion before losing at Stanford on Nov. 7. The Ducks also got blown out at Arizona before rallying to beat rival Oregon State 36-35.
Texas (8-4) will play in San Antonio for the second straight year, having beaten Oregon State 31-27 a year ago.
The Longhorns had a chance to win the Big 12 title and play in a BCS bowl game, but the Longhorns lost to Baylor 30-10 Saturday in the regular season finale.
Texas opened league play with six straight wins before losing two of its last three.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Updated Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills