AMES, Iowa - Hallie Christofferson scored 22 points and No. 11 Iowa State won its third straight Big 12 Conference game with a 74-48 victory over Texas Tech Wednesday night.
Christofferson shot 7 of 10 from the floor and 6 of 6 from the free-throw line. Brynn Williamson added 11 points and Seanna Johnson scored 10 as Iowa State extended its school record for best start to a season and longest winning streak in program history. The Cyclones (14-0, 3-0) only missed one of their 17 free throws.
Texas Tech (6-8, 0-3) was held to just 16 first-half points. The Raiders scored twice as many points after the break (32), but could not overcome the 21-point first half deficit.
Marina Lizarazu led Texas Tech with 10 points and was the only Lady Raider to score in double digits. Texas Tech combined for just six assists and shot 1 of 10 from 3-point range.
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale
- Mustangs relishing in chance to make history
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching