LUBBOCK, Texas - Markel Brown scored 25 points and matched a career high with seven 3-pointers - all in the first half - to lead No. 17 Oklahoma State over Texas Tech 91-67 on Wednesday night.
Phil Forte added 14 points for the Cowboys (18-5, 8-3 Big 12), who have won six straight.
Brown was 8 for 11 from the field, including 7 of 8 from beyond the arc. He was held scoreless in 7 minutes of playing time after halftime.
Brown's first five shots were from beyond the arc and he hit each one, matching the number of 3s he had in the first half of the Cowboys' win at Kansas this month.
Oklahoma State jumped out to a 24-6 lead and never trailed, though Texas Tech pulled to 26-18 midway through the first half thanks to a 10-0 run.
Dusty Hannahs scored 14 points and Josh Gray added nine for Texas Tech (9-13, 2-9).
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend