MANHATTAN, Kansas - Thomas Gipson had 17 points off the bench, Angel Rodriguez added 11 points and eight assists, and No. 18 Kansas State routed Texas 83-57 on Wednesday night to snap a two-game skid.
Omari Lawrence also scored 12 in a reserve role for the Wildcats (16-4, 5-2 Big 12), who built a 38-19 lead by halftime despite playing long stretches without three key players.
Rodney McGruder, the Big 12's third-leading scorer, picked up two fouls in less than 2 minutes and spent the rest of the half on the bench. Martavious Irving joined him with two fouls moments later, and Will Spradling went to the locker room after getting smacked in the head.
The Longhorns (9-11, 1-6) couldn't capitalize, committing 18 turnovers.
Sheldon McClellan had 15 points on 3 of 12-shooting for Texas.
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- Updated 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar after mistaken announcement
- From Snyder to Hollywood: Theater program grooms actors
- Updated Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program